Thursday, January 10, 2013

Woolzies Dryer Balls Review

www.woolzies.com

First off, I'm sorry it has taken me SOOOOO LONG to get this post up!  It's been a really busy time for me with the holidays, my baby turning one (*sob*) and all.  But I'm glad to finally be able to do this review for you guys!!!  (I LOVE THESE THINGS!!!)  OK, now on to the review....


I received my Woolzies Dryer Balls in the mail and was so excited to try them out, I forgot to take pictures of me opening it...*oops*.  Oh well, what are ya gonna do?  Anywho, I opened the box, ran downstairs and put them in the dryer.


 And lucky for me, since I am part of a family of NINE, I always have a load of laundry going (this time it happened to be cloth diapers)!



While the dryer was going (I put it on for 50 minutes.  I usually put it on "more dry", but for the sake of the review thought I'd put it on a "timed dry"), I decided to read the box.  They also had added an insert in the box stating the following:

Woolzies Dryer Balls ~ The Natural Fabric Softener
Guaranteed to Last for 1,000 Loads!
  • SOFTENS NATURALLY
  • REDUCES DRYING TIME BY 25%
  • REDUCES STATIC
  • HELPS ELIMINATE WRINKLES
  • CHEMICAL FREE
  • SAFE FOR PEOPLE WITH WOOL SENSITIVITIES
  • HYPOALLERGENIC
HANDMADE FROM FINE NEW ZEALAND WOOL
100% Eco Friendly

I couldn't WAIT to see how these worked on my load of laundry!!

I also found a card that read....

Woolzies XL Dryer Balls

FAQ's about Woolzies 

Q1  What are Woolzies and how do they benefit me and the environment?
A:  Regular fabric softeners, both in liquid and sheet form contain numerous harsh chemicals which are toxic to the environment and even more dangerous to many people who have serious allergic reactions to them.  The elderly, ailing and small children can suffer from a variety of negative symptoms which are really just allergic reactions to the harsh chemicals contained in these commercial fabric softening products.
Additionally, because Woolzies bounce around in your dryer, they naturally separate and create space between your laundry, thereby allowing the hot dryer air to circulate better and subsequently cutting down on drying time by about 25% in large loads and as much as 35-40% in small loads.  This of course saves both time and money for you and energy for the environment.
These 6 Woolzies dryer balls are enough for a small, medium or large load.  If you are drying an extra large load, we recommend using 8 dryer balls.
Q2  How long will my Woolzies last?
A:  Woolzies are guaranteed to last for at least 1,000 loads.
Q3  If I have an allergy to wool, can I still use Woolzies?
A:  Yes!  Absolutely!  Since the wool is not directly touching your skin and does not shed, everyone can use Woolzies without any allergic reactions.
Q4  Why do the dryer balls seem to each vary slightly in size, shape and texture?
A:  Our dryer balls are completely handmade.  They are not mass produced by machine.  Therefore, you will notice variations in size, color and texture.
Q5  Why are Woolzies better than rubber/plastic/tennis balls in the dryer?
A:  Rubber and plastic balls are made from harsh chemicals including PVCs which are released onto your laundry by the hot dryer air.  Not only are these types of dryer balls dangerous to your health, they are toxic to the environment as well.  Additionally, the harsh tumbling action of rubber, plastic and tennis balls can damage your dryer's sensitive electronic sensors.  Finally, some of these types of balls may even melt slightly and cause fabric staining.
DID YOU KNOW?
1.  Most commercial dryer liquids and sheets contain chemicals that destroy the fire retardant qualities in childrens and adults clothing!
2.  you can reduce static cling even more by simply rolling up a piece of plain aluminum foil into the size of one of the Woolzies balls and placing it in the dryer together with the 6 Woolzies dryer balls.
www.woolzies.com


It had been about an hour since I started the dryer, so I checked on it and some of the inserts were still damp (bummer), but they were thick, so I just put the dryer on medium to finish it up.  After they were done, I noticed there was NO STATIC.  As a mom who uses no fabric softener whatsoever (due to cost), I was ECSTATIC (<--- notice the word I chose? *heehee*)!!  Also, the diapers were oh SO SOFT!  I keep the dryer balls in my dryer 100% of the time.  I never take them out!  Every load I have done since has come out so soft.  My kids have even noticed how soft their clothes are now!  I have noticed with my extra large loads of laundry (blankets, etc.) do still have some static, although it is less than usual.  I'm going to try what they suggested and pop a ball of aluminum foil into the load and see if that helps.  (I would have already tried this, but I had forgotten about the suggestion until now...*oops*!)  I'll update the post after I try it!  But regardless of a little bit of static, all of the clothes always come out SUPER SOFT....a luxury we just haven't really had.

I have to say, for us, using no fabric softener at all has saved us a lot of money....but has ended up with some scratchy, sometimes wrinkly clothes.  Woolzies Dryer Balls for a very affordable price, has given us the luxury of SOFTNESS!  I think it's definitely worth trying!!

It's a THUMBS UP for Woolzies Dryer Balls!

No comments:

Post a Comment